As many of you know I was an obese child & adolescent. I chronicle my experiences in my podcast “Confessions of an Obese Child” (available on Apple, Soundcloud, & my website (www.naturopathicearth). I was at my apex 280 lbs. at age 15 with a size 54 waist.
With hard work, some luck, and the grace of God I lost the weight and have successfully kept it off for almost 30 years! I have learned a lot during that time not just about weight loss and management but most importantly about myself and the demons I had to purge to get a to a healthy relationship with food and my body. I want to share those tips and others with you. For those of you who want something more palpable you can purchase the book “Revelations of a Weight Loss Warrior” available on Amazon Kindle or paperback.
Key concepts covered include:
- Which diet/lifestyle is the most optimal for weight loss and long-term management.
- Why obesity is such an epidemic in this country.
- The additives they put in our foods that are obese causing (and cancer-causing).
- The absolute wonderful biohack that is intermittent fasting (been doing it daily for 5 years).
- The usefulness of the ketogenic diet.
But more important than these is you must look deep within yourself.
- What are the childhood demons which caused me to seek out food to numb the pain and comfort me in the first place?
- How to identify your binge eating triggers and neutralize them.
- How to counteract self-loathing and negativistic thinking.
(It certainly can’t hurt plus it is the price of a nice meal at a restaurant. I think you should put your money where it will be better served.)